Sunday, November 14, 2004

Another crazy rant... aren't you excited??

I just read an interesting blog discussing the DNC, and the recent election. This fellow Democrat Blogger has just started his blog, and this was his first post. If anyone knows how to add a sidebar to my blog of links to other blogs I'd REALLY like to know. Please email me or something!! Anyway, the general concept of his post was how screwed we are with another 4 years of Dubya. He commented on how the Republicans took our Gay Marriage issue, and kicked our asses with it. Also, he pointed out that Kerry gave up without even getting every count voted. (Regardless of the final result, him giving in sent a bad message to voters, especially the college students who waited in line until 4 am to cast a vote in Ohio.) He's right.
Now, I want to point something out to you. What's in a name? Well, just ponder this with me. We have 2 main parties in America... the Republican Party, and the Democratic Party. I'm going to break down just the names of these two parties, and allow you to draw your own conclusions.
Republican~ This makes me think Republic. Who do we know as a Republic. Oh, I know, the Republic of China!! Ooh, aren't they Communists?? Oops!! I don't want to be part of a Republic.
Democrat~ Makes me think of democracy, which is what our country was founded on. We want to be a democracy, right? Freedom, the Bill of Rights, all that fun stuff.
I know this sounds like crazy ramblings of a pissed of Democrat... but when this name game occurred to me, I really thought about the leaders of the parties, and if the description fit. Now you can think about it, too! And thankfully, for the time being at least, I still have the freedom to write this without being thrown in jail. Gotta love the Constitution!