Friday, December 17, 2004

Christmas Shopping

I feel really sorry for anyone who works in retail right now. I've worked in retail, but thankfully not a mall-type or a big Holiday shopping store. We ventured to the mall today, not because we needed to do Christmas shopping, (because thankfully that's done) but because we were bored, and I needed to return something. Oh. My. GOD! People in this town have lost their minds!!! It's the military pay weekend, which means crowds no matter what time of year, plus the school district just got a LARGE paycheck today, since it covers them until January something, so EVERYONE was doing their Christmas shopping tonight. N and I are pushing the twins around in their stroller, B's leg sticking out a bit from the cast, and trying not to get run over. Then, at some point, there is a little girl (about 3) sitting on the floor outside a store. We stopped to see what the girl was doing there, because there was a lady nearby at a kiosk who looked like she MIGHT be related, but was paying no attention to this toddler. Come to find out, toddler did belong to said lady, but who lets their child do that in a CROWDED mall? Haven't these people heard of kidnappers? UGH! Then, people want to breakneck at my kid, like she's a car accident on the side of the highway. They are holding up foot traffic to stare at my baby girl and whisper. Yes... it's broken, and I realize it looks sad, but please stop staring at us like that! We tried to shop a store where my Father-in-law gave me a gift card, but it was not happening with those crowds. So we finally left, to avoid panic attacks all around! ***If you have not finished your shopping, I suggest you wear body armor and take a bottle of alcohol with you before braving the malls!*** You've been warned!