Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!!!

So it's Christmas Eve, (Actually it's Christmas, but I've not been to sleep yet, so to me it's the 24th still!) and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to have that Christmas excitement again. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked to see the kids' faces tomorrow, this is the first year they will really *get* the whole experience, but it's just not like it used to be. I'm over a thousand miles away from my family, and for some reason N and I have been extra homesick this year. Christmas was always a big family thing for both of us. My family always got together Christmas Eve, (we're talking everyone from my great-grandmother down!) but in the past few years it's died off. (I've not been home for Christmas for 6 years, but most of the fam still lives in NJ) This year my mom said they didn't get together, because her brother's family is in FL for the holiday, and I guess no one else wanted to. Pretty sad, in my opinion... it was a special thing for all of us. I love traditions, and togetherness... and it just doesn't feel like Christmas without it. On a happier note, the kids are in for some spoiling. My parents, my grandmother, and N's parents have sent an abundance of gifts, plus what Santa brought, and the tree is surrounded! The stockings are stuffed, the cookies are out, and I'm looking forward to making tomorrow morning a big deal. Since I miss my old traditions, I'm ready to start some new ones. What traditions do you have? Any special breakfast for Christmas morning? Any little family rituals? Do you play up Santa's visit... leave a half eaten cookie, or maybe a note? Let's hear about your favorite Christmas traditions!! I hope everyone is having a very merry day... have a safe and happy holiday!!!