Saturday, January 29, 2005

TMI

Today is not a fun day. I'm sick, there is a little head cold going around, and Shane and I have it. (Actually, this is my 2nd go-round with this damn bug!) Today was spent lazy and snuggley on the couch. The problem is my boobs. They are swollen and sore in protest, I guess, since there is no reasonable explanation for this. Not normally a blog-worthy event, except they might as well have targets painted on them. My children have taken every opportunity to grind their bony little elbows, knees, fists, and butts into my chest. Trying to climb on mommy's lap? Just dig into her boobs for leverage. Getting fidgety? Push hard into her chest to find a comfy spot. Bored? A nice hard toddler noggin to mommy's twins might entertain you! Ha Ha! Look at the way mommy cries when we do that. Do it again!The poor hubs got yelled at for hugging me as he left for work. "Don't squeeze God dammit! Didn't I mention they HURT?!"

On to other news from my nuthouse, my children's room officially smells like a urinal. Since we are potty training, and the pull up training pants seem to enable my children to pee without care, we have resorted to regular undies only, damn the laundry that ensues. The problem is my kids will often sleep on the floor together, so rather than pee on the sheets and their waterproof mattresses, they pee on their blankets and the carpet below. It's a nice pungent odor that hits you in the face when you open the door. I need to get a carpet cleaner. In the meantime, I wonder where I can find one of those deodorant tablets they put in the urinals... the whole house can smell like a piney truck stop!

I think I'll just go to bed now...