Saturday, February 05, 2005

Type A

The music meme a few days ago had me thinking "Where the hell are all of my files? I *know* I had more DMB songs on here!" so I went a-searching! Well, for some reason half the songs I DL are not making their way into my Windows Media Player library, and therefore go unnoticed when I'm making a playlist. This means N and I tend to re-download things, and make a big mess. Now, regardless of how you feel about file sharing, I've been doing so since Napster was the new big thing a few years back. I'm not giving it up anytime soon. I've only had this Dell pc for a year or so, but I've got a ton of music on it. The problem is not all of them are labeled correctly since some people just do not know who sings what, how to spell, or the correct names of songs. It's not uncommon to search a FS network for a song, and find it attributed to 10 different bands, 3 different titles, and usually something like "Mike's Shiznit". This means my laziness has caught up with me. I **could** have re-named the songs as I acquired them, and they would all be nice and organized, but are you new here? That would have made sense! Now I get to go through and re-name, delete duplicate files, and just generally make sense of the whole production. This should be interesting considering N and I don't always have the same taste in music, and I don't know a single song in Slayer's entire history. Maybe I should just format the whole drive and start over...