Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Can we please move on?

Terri Schiavo. I support her husband, I think our federal government should have stayed out of it, and Bush is even more of an ass for signing that bill. Apparently, 2 surveys in the US say most Americans agree with me, but I see a whole lot of disagreement online and in the news. I don't think that's because there are more supporters of the Schindlers than Michael Schiavo, just that the "Save Terri" folks are raising all holy hell, and the rest of us aren't. Whether you are for or against the removal of her feeding tube, I wish everyone would stop talking about it. Same debate, over and over, no one is going to change anyone's mind, so let's agree to disagree and let it go. It's a family matter, let the families and the judges work it out. (No G, this wasn't directed at you, just a general disgust because there are other things going on in this country, and no one is paying attention.) Seriously, I'm tired of the same arguments repeated 184,067,204,567 times a day.