Friday, March 11, 2005

I'm Baaaccckkk!

Did ya miss me? You know you did! (Or not... but let me pretend, it makes me feel better!) Anyway, I'll be spending most of my night catching up on my blogroll, I've missed you guys. It's funny how attached to this blog I've become, it's a nice little outlet for adult thoughts and "conversations". Anyway, enough babble-assing (Jenn, I LOVE that word!) on to the good stuff. We've had a blast hanging out with Uncle "Ducky", the kids just adore him. He must have great luck because his trip here has been blessed with our spring best weather, 70s and beautiful all week. The boys have been having a blast catching up, the kids just love playing with their uncle, and I enjoy having him around, even though the typical 19 year old in him can be frustrating. Anyway, he's a great guy, and we've been trying so hard to convince him to come to TX next year, go to school down here instead of Indiana, but I doubt it will happen.
We took the kids to the park the other day, and spent all day playing on the playground and looking at the ducks swimming in the pond. When we were leaving Madison was mad, and had a tantrum. Nate was carrying her and she did that silent, red, angry scream... you know, no noise just open mouth. She then stopped breathing, eyes shifted to the left, body locked up, and face turned blue. Nate laid her down on the sidewalk (stiff as a board and blue), and gave her a quick sternum rub, which made her take a breath, but it was terrifying. Meanwhile we're getting the evil eye from other parents, like we're just beating our kid or something. People, if you see someone's kid throwing a fit, it is not helpful to stare and whisper like your child *NEVER* has a tantrum, and how awful are those parents. Seriously. Also, if your child likes to hold their breath, stay calm, and blow in their mouth. If that doesn't work, rubbing your knuckles on their sternum will. Worse case scenario? They'll faint and start breathing again, they cannot hold their breath forever. Funny thing is Dusty used to do it, and the ped told my mother-in-law just let him pass out. He's now a healthy 19 year old college baseball player, it didn't kill him. No one said parenthood wouldn't be scary.
Ok, just a couple quick rants. First of all, am I the only Desperate Housewives fan who is a little pissed about the lack of new episodes? It's been a couple weeks now, and there will not be an episode this weekend or next weekend. The 20th is the next episode, and it's an older one, which means well over a month without anything new. How can you have a top rated show, and then just not run episodes? That's a quick way to lose fans, especially if they are like me, and can't even remember what happened last. Come on ABC, this is cruel. Besides, I wouldn't watch ABC at all if not for DH, it's definitely the best thing they have going for them!
Victoria's Secret... let's talk. I've been a good customer, I spend lots of money on my Angel card, I pay it on time, and every undergarment I own bears the VS label. That said, I bought a new bathing suit, VS brand, through your catalog. It was not a cheap suit, but I liked it a lot, more than any suit I've found since having the kids. The bottom didn't fit so well, even though I bought the same size I always buy, I guess your panties and swimsuits use different measurements. Anyway, not only do you charge me $5 to send it back, but I called to order the next size up, and again put it on my card. The rep tells me it'll be shipped right away, and I would be refunded for the other one when they received it. No problem, right? Well, it took 5 days for an in stock item to ship. FIVE DAYS. If it was in stock, what was the problem? The email you sent said it would be shipped pending credit card approval. I used YOUR CREDIT CARD! You already know that I have the available credit considering you issued me the card and credit line, so why the wait for the approval? Also? You send me my items USPS using the slowest method possible. I paid an arm and a leg for shipping, only to take for. ev. er to receive my stuff. The return label you send? UPS, and it's cheaper. Why is that? Not only do I have to wait forever to my items, and pay to return them, but I have to drive into town and find a UPS store. Not. Happy. Do you hear me? Customer not happy! I spend way too much on your products to be unhappy, so if you could kindly fix it I'd appreciate it.
Ok, I'm done ranting now, especially since Tish says it will give me wrinkles. She forgot to mention the high blood pressure and stress headaches, but it's whatever. :) Off to visit everyone, have a great night!