Friday, May 27, 2005

Blah blah blah

I'm bored. I shouldn't be bored, but I am. Wah, right? Anyway, here are the reasons all my new neighbors think I'm crazy.
1. They've heard me yell at the kids repeatedly while the windows are open.
2. I've already bitched out 2 little rat bastards who kick a soccer ball against the back of the house. My nextdoor neighbor with whom I share a carport warned us about this. I told the boys twice "This isn't your yard, and unless you have the money to pay for damage you need to take your asses back to your own yards." It's gonna be a long summer. When did I get to be so old?
3. I'm never without a Coke or a cigarette when I'm outside. They probably think I'm some chain-smoking freak show.
4. I was doing a bunny hop in the back yard while smoking tonight. (I was trying to pack in the dirt from burying the satellite cable today, but they don't know that. Again with the freak show.)
5. We went outside during a storm last night, just to watch it rain and hail. In our defense, our neighbor came out too, and she's lived here for a couple years. Storms are weird here.
6. I'm prone to doing silly things like jumping on N's back or shaking my butt on the front porch. If you know me, I make sense (to a degree... well, maybe not) but these people are just spectators so it must look interesting.

I'm not really good at being a neighbor. I tend to mind my own fucking business and let everyone else do the same. (Actually, that sounds like a great neighbor.) I've met and am trying to be friendly with my next door neighbor, if only because it's the right thing to do, but I've SERIOUSLY burned by neighbors I've gotten too close to, so I learned that lesson. However, as far as going up and being all "Hi!! I'm Crystal! We just moved here!!" I suck. It's the curse of having grown up in one small town where everyone knew my grandparents, and great-grandparents, and my uncle became mayor. I never had to say "Hi!! I'm Crystal!!" because I was automatically greeted with "Oh, you're Tina's little girl!! Man, I remember when you were *this* big!!" This ain't my first rodeo, so to speak, but I'm still not good at making friends. Maybe I'll just set up a margarita stand and see what happens. Those would be my kind of people...