Friday, June 03, 2005

3 years

3 Years ago today, I became a mother. My world changed and I was blessed with not just one, but TWO happy, healthy babies. Even now, as I write this, I'm struggling to come up with the words, because there is no greater wonder in this world than the birth of a child.
Shane Jacob, you are my son, my "first born" in only the most technical sense. You cried for only a moment as you came into this world, and I cried with you. You were a wonderful baby, you loved nothing more than a good meal, and cuddling with your mommy or your sister. You have always been my loving little guy, you will hug anyone who will let you, and you'll never turn down a kiss. Your laughter is the most amazing sound, a belly laugh with such pure joy that one can't help laugh with you. You are a sensitive and caring boy, you always want to help others, and I hope that never changes. You are a determined little man, you took your time learning to speak, but now that you can you demand to be heard. You're inquisitive nature, and stubborn streak make for some trying times, but no matter how frustrated we get, I'll always love you.

Madison Elizabeth,
You are my princess in every way. You are so much like me it is almost painful to see, but you make me proud. Your first glimpse of the world was greeted with indignance, how dare we disturb you?! No cries, and my heart stopped for a moment, until the doctor told me you were perfectly fine, just quiet. You were my fussy baby, you didn't scream, you just let us know you were royalty and demanded our attention. You are mischeivous, you push the limits only because you usually have everyone wrapped around your finger. You are beautiful, your perfect little face can melt any heart. Your headstrong personality is amazing, you've learned so much, and taught us a few things along the way. You have music in your blood, there is never a moment when you aren't singing or dancing, you love to entertain. I cherish every song, every sweet little kiss, your mommy will always be your biggest fan.

I simply cannot express how much I love you both, and how proud I am to be your mommy. Happy Birthday!!!