Thursday, June 16, 2005

Requests: Round 6!!

Sleeping Mommy asked about my most embarassing moment, my sweetest moment, and my proudest moment. I can honestly say I have blocked a few of my more embarassing moments, but we'll start there. Actually, this moment happened while I was intoxicated, but was later relayed to me, so I'll have to trust in the re-telling I received. I was arguing with someone, so pissed off that I was seeing red. Well, in order to piss this person off I decided I was going to kick their car. The grass was wet from rain, and I was already off balance thanks to my not-so-sober state, so I reared back my leg, and kicked with all my might. My feet slipped out from under me, much like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulled away the football, and I ended up flat on my back. The car's owner and a couple other people were watching, I'm sure it was hilarious for them, the crazy, angry chick falling on her ass. Another one, which I was sober for and do recall happened at a concert when I was in high school. In Philadelphia there is a yearly festival put on by Y100, a local radio station. It's called the FEZtival, they have a bunch of bands come out, and it's an all day affair. Well, this particular year the "headliners" were the Mighty, Mighty Bosstones, Green Day, and Everclear. In the evening, as the Bosstones were coming on, it started to rain, so my cousin, her boyfriend (now husband), my boyfriend, and I snuck in from the open grass area to the covered seating. No one would really say anything, because Jeff, (my cousin's then-boyf) had his right arm in a cast from a motorcross accident, set in a right angle from his body. Anyway, during Green Day's set Billy Joe took off his pantys, and was playing "Time Of Your Life", acoustic, in leopard print bikini underwear, while Tre Cool burned his drumset. Once in a lifetime scene, right? Well, I'm 5' 2", and we were all the way in the back of the seating area, so I stood up on the seat to see. The seats were the stadium seats that fold back, and you guessed it... the seat folded with me standing on it, and I went tumbling backwards. The guy sitting a couple rows back tried to reach out and catch me, but I still ended up on my ass, on the concrete between the rows. Jeff obviously couldn't help me, my boyfriend, and cousin, were too busy cracking up, and I'm flailing about trying to get out of the space I'm wedged into. I swear I wasn't drunk, or high, though no one around me believed me after that.
Well, that's about all the embarassment I can handle today. Sweetest and proudest moments coming later today.