Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend Update

What a weekend we had!! It rained all day on the kids' birthday, so they couldn't even enjoy their presents, brand new big kid bikes! They were wearing their new helmets inside all day, and Madison went upstairs to go to the bathroom. I hear her say "I love you, helmet!!" and then a kiss. If that doesn't make you smile you are a robot! It was a pretty uneventful birthday, I made a cake for each of them, we had their favorite food (PIZZA!), and pretty much sat around waiting for the storms to pass. We'd been having problems with our car, and had decided it was time to get rid of it. We spent Saturday at the dealership, and we bought a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. Do you know how happy I am to be a minivan momma? I never thought I'd say that, but the time had definitely come, because the 4 of us in a Jetta was NOT WORKING! Oh, and I used to really like the VW diesels, but after the major problems we had with that Jetta, I'll never buy another German car again. I'm looking forward to a brand newToyota or Honda when this van is paid off. Sunday was uneventful, we spent it playing and relaxing after the whirlwind of the previous 48 hours. The kids in this neighborhood piss me off, but that's another post for another day.
That brings us to today, which started off in crappy Monday fashion. Madison woke up acting funny, but I figured she was just cranky and made them breakfast. She wouldn't eat... though this isn't entirely unusual with her. I went outside to smoke while they ate, and all of a sudden she was standing at the screen door, not looking very good. 2 coughs, and then the vomiting. Poor thing was dry-heaving since she was on an empty stomach. She was fine by mid-morning, but not before I made a frantic call to Cori (She's SUCH AN AWESOME FRIEND!!), because I've been very lucky so far, my kids have never thrown up before. We decided a little Gatorade for now, see what happens. She's back to her normal self. So... how was your weekend?

And don't worry... I'll post pictures of the highlights shortly.