Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hello out there... anyone??

Jeez! One little national holiday and everyone disappears! Where the hell did everyone go? I've got houseguests (my brothers-in-law) and I'm still blogging. Slackers, all of you. There are only so many times one can check their email, message boards, and blog to find nothing new. I demand everyone get back to entertaining me!!
Anyway, I've been helping my neighbor with some modifications to the jeep she bought her hubby while he's in Iraq. We've put new bumpers and a tow hitch on it, nerf bars are coming soon, and we're waiting on a replacement for the gas cap cover she ordered, since the powdercoat was flaking. Once we finish with that, I'm not sure what we'll tackle, since there are a few things we would rather not handle, like wiring the CB. We know almost nothing about vehicles, but we're determined to do this by sheer girl power, and we've been doing a kick ass job. I'm going to ask her if I can post pictures here, because I'm that damn proud of us. We don't need no stinkin' men!! Needless to say after loosening rusty torx, lifting heavy parts, tightening the new hardware, and everything else involved in this "project", I'm sore. I did elicit a bit of loving teasing from N, because he says only someone as cute as me could get away with wearing gardening gloves to work on a car. (Hey, the skin on my damn hands is all tore up, I had to do something!!) On the other hand, apparently it's sexy to watch a woman work on a car, so maybe it's not all for nothing.
So, how did you celebrate your 4th of July? If you aren't American, what did you do this weekend? Is everyone alive and well out there?