Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Jeep Pictures

As promised, here are the before and after pictures from the Jeep project. This Jeep is a "gift" from my friend Debbie to her hubs, who is currently in Iraq. The first rear bumper we put on didn't clear it's tow hitch, and the bolts didn't line up, so after much cussing and sweating Debbie had the company send a new one. The new one came today, and I'm happy to report it went on quite nicely.

This picture is a partial "before", as the light covers were put on by Debbie. The rest is stock Jeep.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's me, quite sweaty and posing with a beer after getting the old (rusted) bumper off, and the nice new one on.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Front bumper, next up for that is the winch plate.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was the troublesome rear bumper, we installed the tow hitch and bumper.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Again, the rear bumper... we kick ass, if I do say so myself!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As far as future mods, the winch plate has been discussed, as well as new fenders, and the new top needs to be installed, plus some locked cases inside, but the overhead one has to be done after the CB is installed. Neoprene seats are going in, and the D, Debbie's husband, wants to change the paint/exterior. Oh, and we're waiting on the nerf bars. Hurricane Dennis is to blame in that delay. There are probably more, but that's all I can think of right now. Psst... Debbie, feel free to comment and correct me. Oh, and I DON'T have chicken legs! **wink**