Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Share thy frugal tricks!

**Going into full geek Mom mode**
I'm a bit obsessed with saving money, considering we're facing giving up our firstborn to fill up the gas tank. (I might complain, but I do like the kid!) So... I've been on a savings spree, trying to squeeze every possible penny out of every dollar. This area gets SUCKY coupons, and the commissary (unlike Ft. Hood, where I was SPOILED) has sucky selection and no military coupons. All of that means my grocery bill makes me want to curl up in the corner and cry, or at least pop a blood vessel or two. I've hunted down the best online coupons, but they have to be really good for me to print out since ink costs more than vital organs. I'm going to use an off post grocery with better deals, except for a few things I get MUCH cheaper on post. (Like milk, because dammit we go through a lot!) So, spill your best money saving tips. How do you live a comfortable life on a shoestring budget? What's your average grocery bill, how many are in your family, and how often do you shop? Groceries aside, what do you do to pinch pennies? Come on, don't be shy, we're all cheapskates at heart!!
**If you are a big spender, or LOADED, you need not respond, because we all hate you. Just kidding... sort of**