Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stop Smoking: Attempt 4

The last time I tried to quit smoking was in November 2004, that attempt bit the dust on day 5, when Madison broke her leg, and was hospitalized. Sadly, quitting smoking is the hardest thing I've done, by far, and my motivation is lacking. Why? Because I like to smoke, I am well aware of the health risks, but I really enjoy the habit. Unfortunately, it's getting more expensive by the minute, and it was either Cokes or smokes that had to go. I simply cannot function without my Cokes, so it's bye-bye cigarettes. I am not a happy camper. My dirty little habit is all consuming, I think about it every five minutes seconds or so. So, we'll see. I can't make any promises (although I keep hearing Tish in my mind, telling me to QUIT!!) but I'm kinda hoping this gets a bit easier. If not, 4 bucks a day is well worth the sanity. **SIGH** On a funnier note, I went up to the shoppette to buy some candies, and the cashier asked me if they were goodies for the kids. I told her no, I was trying to quit smoking (as I stared longingly at the racks of cigs). She looked at me and said "So I guess the shirt is true right now?", and I realized I'm wearing a shirt with a snake on it that says "Beware: I bite". I told her it was VERY true, God help my poor family. Standby for snarkiness, it's going to be a bumpy ride.