Sunday, September 18, 2005

Weekend Update

Well, hi there! I'm still alive, thankfully! How was your weekend? Mine was BUSY!! Here's the breakdown...
Friday we hung out, and took it easy... or at least that was the plan. I went down to talk to my neighbor, and they were all 3 sheets to the wind on her front porch, so I decided to join them. We all went down (she lives 2 houses down) and partied it up. Pass out in the wee hours of the morning, knowing we had to be up EARLY for the post wide yard sale. Nate drags me out of bed, we then drag Jake out of bed, and set up our stuff. Yard Sale all day, both selling and shopping, takes us to early afternoon. Jake's girlfriend, Susie, was visiting, the kids were IN LOVE. Like, "Mommy WHO?!" We decided to go to the carnival at 8pm, normally the kids' bedtime, and spent an obscene amount of money on a few rides. It was quite fun, the first carnival the kids had ever been to, they were totally amused. One final spin on the merry-go-round, and we called it a night. The boys planned to drink through the night, so Susie and I got to enjoy the show. We were plannign to pull some pranks on them after they passed out, but they wouldn't stay in a deep enough sleep. Still, it was quality entertainment. That brings us to today, AKA "Recovery Day". A nice, laidback race/football day. I needed that, so I'm enjoying myself. Ah, the life of the young and energetic, Susie and Jake made me feel OLD! I'll post some pictures tonight or tomorrow, as well as the now-infamous (to us at least) bookcase we built. I think I am a sucker for punishment, I don't know how many cuss words spilled from my mouth during this project, but it would make a sailor blush!!
So, what's life like in your corner of the world??