Thursday, October 06, 2005

First Guest Post!!

I'm still offering a guest posting spot to anyone who would like to take it. Our first guest poster wanted to remain anonymous so she could vent a deep dark secret. Come on now, we all have a secret or five that we would love to get off our chest. Here's your chance!! Now, without further ado, here is our guest post...

As the guest anonymous poster, I have been given free reign to discuss whatever I want to, with the promise of full anonymity, and a generous cash bonus! OK, maybe not the cash bonus, but it was a nice try.

So what can I discuss that I wouldn't discuss in my real life, or on my blog? Hmmmmm. I think the theme will be...... one of the many reasons I am going straight to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200. (Kidding!) (at least about the passing go part!)..

You see, the seasons are changing here in the Northeast. That means more chores to do, getting ready for the snow and cold. It also means more time inside with the family, which can be nice. Of course, the kids may fight, the cabin fever driving us all mad. Still, fighting children are not the problem, I can handle that. It's the biggest child of all that can push us all over the edge. For the record, my husband is an idiot. A start-raving lunatic. He has serious issues, which are for the most part untreated...


Untreated, you may ask? For the most part? Why don't I insist he check himself into the local psychiatric ward and be fully evaluated? I'll give you one guess. BINGO! He won't go.

He is in serious need of some medication. He is the poster-child for borderline personality disorder, and depression.

OK, here is my little secret... Are you ready?

Every three months, I go to see a psychiatrist like clockwork. I tell him all about my problems (which, remarkably, coincide with my husbands issues). He listens thoughtfully, then writes me out a little prescription for anti-depressants. But do I take them?

Ahhhh, therin lies the dichotomy. No, I don't take them.

But you know those the vitamins that my husband takes with dinner? The little white one? Could it be that I am supplementing his vitamin intake with a healthy dose of anti-depressants? Could be, clever reader, could be...

We must do what we must in times of trial, to maintain our sanity. And he is a much happier person, and much easier to live with as a result of my psychiatrist visits.. And DON'T get on me about this, I am closely monitoring his intake, it is a low dose, and it's all good. And I am also a member of the medical profession, so I am not endangering him.

Dirty little secret...