Friday, November 18, 2005

Better idea

Yesterday, Muzikdude discussed the world of childbirth, and the insane debate over natural v. drugged. For the record, I had a c-section (Twin A aka Shane was breech) and I plan to do it again. I don't care if you do it with heavy narcotics or have the baby in your bathtub naturally, because you are not me, just please don't criticize the "other" side. It's nobody's business except the mother and her doctor/midwife/doula. Anyway, back to my better idea. I would GLADLY go back to Monday, 3 June 2002, and do it all over again, naturally and without any pain medication if it meant I could be heavily sedated for the toddler years. Wouldn't that be nice? No more migraines from tantruming preschoolers, no more sore throats from yelling "Don't kick your sister/brother/the dog/me!!", no more anxiety over lost naps and failed potty training. It's like a tattoo, one night of pain for years of beauty... I'd SO sign up for that. (I considered changing my "plan" to sedate the children rather than me, but I figured it wouldn't be as successful.) Now, where did I leave that bottle of Motrin??