Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Attack of the meme

Cori had tagged me for this meme, but I wanted to wait until I talked to my mom, since it asked abotu childhood stories. So, I didn't forget, Cor... here you go!

1. Hum a jingle of which you know all the words.
How the fuck to you hum in type?! Anyway... Hmmmmm hmm hm hmmmmmmm hm hm hi hmmm hmm. It's the Backyardigans theme song, an earworm for me.

2. As a kid you played a board game over and over. And you cheated, you little bastard! What was the game?
I really didn't play too many board games, being an only child for most of my life. I did play cards though, my great-grandmother taught me to play card games. I cheated at Solitaire, how lame is that?

3. What is the name of a song you've been singing incorrectly all these years? What were you singing, and what should you have been singing?
I'm really good at lyrics, most of the time, so I can't think of one. I did, however have an embarassing moment when I was about 10, over the song I chose. We were in Key West, and I picked "Why Don't We Get Drunk" by Jimmy Buffett. My dad asked me why I chose that song ("Why don't we get drunk, and screw?" is the hook) and I told him it had a good beat. I really didn't know what the lyrics MEANT at the time, and couldn't figure out why they were laughing at me!!

4. What is the most embarassing childhood story your parents always drag out just to fuck with you for their own private enjoyment?
Um, I had to ask my parents, since they generally don't tease me much (granted, this may change when they meet N in March!!) There was this trip to Cape Cod when I was 11 or so, to visit my grandfather. It was us in one car, and my parents' best friends in another, all with NJ tags. By the time we get to CT I'm bored out of my mind, and pipe up with "LOOK! Another car with NJ plates!!" like it was a miracle of biblical proportions. My dad teased me the rest of the way to the Cape, saying "What are the odds of THAT?!" Then we got there, and I (remember, I'm too old to be having tantrums at this point) had a meltdown, threw myself on the ground, and freaked out. They took a picture of me, and when they showed me later I completely denied it, claiming they were tickling me. My mom found that picture this weekend, I'm sure I'll see lots of it when we visit!!
See? I wasn't always the poised and articulate being you see before you today. Ok, even *I* can't keep a straight face there! I tag no one, but invite everyone, this is a fun meme!