Thursday, January 26, 2006

Avian Flu for you?

A parents board I frequent was discussing the Oprah show on Avian Flu. I didn't see the show, but apparently Oprah was warning us to stock up on food, water, and medications, because there is going to be a pandemic of the bird flu. A few of the members really feel this is a threat, and are sort of freaking out. Personally, I think it's a scare tactic, the US loves a good scare, and tends to freak out over nothing. Of course, fear, like sex, sells. So, what do you think? Are we all going to die of the bird flu, or is this another case of mass hysteria? If bird flu suddenly kicks our country's collective ass, I will be sccrewed, because I have NO intention of stocking up to prepare for it. One of these days there is going to be a real threat, and many of us will ignore it, because we're the country who cried wolf.