Monday, January 23, 2006

Bump in the night

Let me set the scene for you. It's 3am, I've just snuggled into bed, but I'm having trouble sleeping. *!*!CRASH*!*!
There is a moment of consideration, like "Do I REALLY need to know what that was?" before I finally get up, grab my glasses, and trudge downstairs. Focusing my eyes in the dim light, I see a furball streak across the computer desk. Mind starts to process that... wait a minute! That's not right. HOLY SHIT! The gliders are loose! I notice one of the doors to the cage is open, and their pouches are empty. I grab a pouch, thinking they'll jump in, but the scoff at the idea. After all, it's playtime!! Ohshit, ohshit, ohshit! I run upstairs, and do the completely reasonable thing. I shake Nate awake, saying "Honey, I need HELP!", nearly giving him a stroke and causing him to shit his pants at the same time. "Sorry about that, no one is killing us, but the gliders are LOOSE!" So, we managed to get one of them back into the cage on their own, and lure the other with a mealworm. (Which, btw, was the crash... they knocked over the mealworm container, and broke it.) All is back to normal, except N's heart rate, and we head back to bed. Aren't you glad you don't live at my house?