Monday, February 06, 2006

Another do-over

Today, while dropping off donations for the Disabled Veterans thrift store, I backed into someone. It's my first accident, she wasn't in her vehicle, so luckily she wasn't hurt. My van has just a bit of surface damage to the rear right quarter panel, but her car's whole left taillight housing was ripped out. I almost cried, she was sweet about it, but I've never been so embarassed.So, we'll be dealing with the insurance company this week! Yay!! Also, we got newe id cards, and the lady who worked there was SO evil, I ended up complaining to the manager, and demanding an apology. She was called in to apologize, and her apology consisted of looking away from me, and saying "Im sorry, but.... blah blah blah". I told her I'd appreciate an apology without the "buts": we have a thing in our house that apologies don't come with "buts". She begrudgingly apologized, and I took what I could get. The supervisor told me he wants to fire her, but being a goverment employee it's nearly impossible, so I guess this isn't the fisrt incident. I'm goign to apply for a G pay job, those people make decent money, and I can do a MUCH better job than many of them. Asshats!!!

Then, I cancelled my Children's Place card, and had N cancel one of his higher interest cards. Hr spent 73 miinutes on hold, he was *going* to keep the care if they would match our rates from other cards, but after over and hour on hold, there was basically notihng they they could use to retain him. Oh, well, their loss!!

We cut Shane's hair back into a mohawk, per his request, and he looks SO cute!! All in all, it's not been a fun day, and I'm ready to go hide for the rest of the week,