Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Houston?? **updated**

We have a problem. You see, we were planning on buying a big screen TV on Friday, just in time for Super Bowl. We're hosting a SB party here, and N got a little excited and invited every. one. we. know. I'm serious, if you HAVEN'T been invited, it's only because you haven't run into N in the last week. So, we're planning on squeezing half of Fort Riley into our small house, but the "main attraction" was the TV. Except everyone in this state apparently had the same ambitions, and there are NONE of the TVs that we wanted, in our price range, ANYWHERE in 150 miles. (Well, I can't say none, because I plan on hunting one down tomorrow, if I have to rent it from one of those rental places.) Oh, shit. So, I get to spend the next 2 days desperately calling every retailer in NE Kansas, hoping to find a TV. Shit, shit, shit. Actually, fuck, fuck, fuck. I think this dilemma calls for a "fuck!" or three. As if the rest of the party prep, plus N being in the field wasn't enough!!
On a brighter note, he was promoted today, I got to attend the ceremony, pin him, AND stick him with the pins. (Tradition, but some people complained like little whiners, so the military doesn't allow it as "hazing" anymore, but I'm not military, so bite me) It was a pretty cool experience for me, I am so proud!!

Update: Problem solved, thanks to our friendly Ripoff Rent-a-center. I figure a 1 month rental (the minimum allowed) for under $200 is a small price to pay to save my husband's ass (and mine by proxy) from humiliation. Happy Super Bowl everyone! Party at my house!!