Friday, February 03, 2006

In the crosshairs

I looooooooove The Childrens Place clothing. However, there are thousands of children near most military bases, yet TCP never builds a store less than 40 minutes away. OK, fine, there is the website, which is shitty at best. When you finally get fed up, and drive out tho bumfuck to get to the clothes (which are affordable, and well made, they usually last my kids a full year if we buy a bit big), you're happy to just get what you need and leave. Well, I have a TCP credit card. It's issued by a bank that is another word for metropolis. This means you call one number for TCP issues/orders, and another for credit card issues. THEN they have this program that you can earn points, and be issued a 10% off pass after a certain amount of money spent. This involves yet ANOTHER number, because there are invariably problems with using your rewards. So, even with all the stresses, I LOOOOOOOVE their clothes, and buy them almost exclusively for my children. Now, with my CC, I asked for a credit increase a couple months ago, and was denied, even though I have NEVER been late, and often pay off in full. (My divorce ruined my other credit, but this card and a few others are spotless) So, I spend hundreds a year, to be given the run around when I need assistance with an order, and then I'm denied a measly $200 more in credit. I. Am. Pissed. So, I made my final payment tonight, and when their banker's hours open next week, I'll be telling them where to shove their goddamn card. What ever happened to taking care of the customer? What happened to treating them with respect, and giving them advantages for being a good customer. Three years of faithful spending with these people, and they don't give a shit about me, so fuck them. P I S S E D!!!! I guess I'll buy off Ebay, or find another company who knows how to treat good customers. So, this is to make up for all of the wonderful recommendations I've made to other moms, encouraging them to shop at this store. Don't bother, you aren't worth shit to them.