Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A little excitement to jumpstart the night

Ok, as if there wasn't enough going on around here, I was TRYING to get some cleaning done, and went to the car to get the XM receiver, so I'd have some tunes to keep me entertained. Hmmmm.... there are an awful lot of MPs on my street. Huh... well, maybe there was an argument. No... wait... there are 2 MPs standing at the end of my driveway. Nosy me, I ask if everything is ok.
"Yes Ma'am, but we need you to stay in your house. There's been a bomb threat."
"Um, I was just going to get something from my car. Bomb threat... um, do we need to leave?? My kids are sleeping in there!"
"Well, you are less than 200ft, hold on... where is the kids' bedroom? (I point above us) Let me talk to my partner, to see what we should do."
I go inside, wake N up, who is OUT COLD from a new medication he's taking, meanwhile the MPs knock on my door and tell us we SHOULD in fact evacuate for a while, until they get the dogs out and figure everything out. UM... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!
We grabbed the kids, and went to Yeida's, 3 blocks away. Poor doll was asleep, she got up and let us all crash until the police finally called and said we could come home, about an hour later. I have NO idea what happened, or how it started, I guess I'll have to read about it in the post paper, but DAMN... what a way to find out... do you think they could have given me a courtesy knock on the door or something, considering we may have been in danger?? It's been a bad month here, shootings on post, escaped soldier who was under court martial, an attempted murder, now this. Welcome home, boys... let the fun begin!!