Thursday, April 27, 2006

Reynold's Fun Shapes baking cups!!

The cool people at Reynold's sent me some of their new Fun Shapes Baking Cups to try out. I love to bake, so this was right up my alley!! You can actually use these cups for various things, like Jello Jigglers, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and more. Nate used the egg shaped ones first, to make Jigglers for the kids before Easter. The Jello didn't set quite as firm as we'd have liked, but I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with the cups. Anyway, I used the heart shaped ones to make cupcakes, so I can save the stars for 4th of July.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I decided to make devil's food cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Yum!!! You place the foil cups on a baking sheet, fill them halfway (and they warn you not to overfill, they MEAN IT!!), and bake as directed. Sounds easy enough...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I overfilled a couple, since I'm used to filling regular baking cups 2/3 of the way. Even still, they held their shape well, the picture doesn't do them much justice.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The finished product!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So, here's the scoop... I'm in LOVE! You see, I have baking pans in various shapes and sizes, but there is only so much room in one's kitchen for such accessories. These little baking cups are PERFECT for making adorable treats for any occasion, and Reynold's site has wonderful ideas for yummy creations that will impress all of your guests. I definitely recommend these to everyone, because even the most kitchen-challenged person can make an impressive treat with very little effort. You can even use them as little serving bowls for dips and candies, or to make shaped ice cubes for punch! Oh, and the cleanup? Yeah, washing off one baking sheet beats the heck out of scrubbing the little crevices of shaped pans! This is probably the best new product I've found since the Magic Erasers, and y'all know I worship Mr. Clean for those!