Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Commercials that piss me off

First of all, I HATE Sonic commercials. All of them. Then, the Hardee's commercial for their "Philly Cheesesteak Burger", oh how I want to hurt the people who made that. First of all, it's blasphemy to put "Philly Cheesesteak" in the name of something so unauthentic. Anyone who has had the pleasure of a REAL cheesesteak knows better, and unless you've been to the Philly/DelVal area, you haven't had that experience. It makes me twitch a little to see "Philly Cheesesteak" on ANY menus, because I know better. Still, I digress. The accent the guys are using in this commercial, supposedly "Philly" accents, I assume, are so far from the real Philadelphia accent that it's horrible!! They sound like a couple of New Yorkers with brain damage... The Southern Jersey/Philadelphia accent is much different, although still quite distinct. I hate Hardee's. I mean, there are probably a hundred commercials that really irritate me, like the debt consoldiation commercials during Nick Jr. (do my kids really need to hear about bill troubles while watching Dora??), and the stupid feminine hygine product commercials, who thinks this shit up?? I used to think about going into advertising, but if my name ended up associated with anything like those stupid ass commercials I'd have to hang myself in shame.