Friday, June 02, 2006

Birthday Preview

Here is a preview of the kids' birthday. It's officially 3 June, their birthday, and I'm not only making final preparations for their party, but I'm having a yard sale with my neighbor in the morning. ACK!!!

Here are some pictures...
At school, telling me how old they are gonna be!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After I told Madison that she was only going to be FOUR not FIVE!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Their new ATVs
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What they will see when they come downstairs tomorrow morning, presents from a few family members, with more on the way. They're making out like bandits this year!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now for the sappy mommy post. Four years ago today, just 10 days shy of their "due date", I headed to the hospital, more than ready to deliver these two angels. At 9:09 pm Shane Jacob made his entrance to the world, screaming and raising hell. Just two minutes later, without a peep, Madison Elizabeth made her dramatic debut. I say dramatic, because not hearing her cry made my heart stop for a moment, until they held her up over the curtain, to show me she was healthy and breathing. Some things never change, Shane still loves to hear his own voice, we call him our personal CNN ticker. Madison is still my little drama queen, constantly singing and dancing, always the star, yet always in her own little world.

Shane, my son, my first born. You are a brilliant child, you can recall things you've only seen once, you can rattle off letters and numbers, and will even spell out "Wal*Mart" when you see it, including the "star". Nothing excites you like the site of Home Depot, except maybe a train, or a motorcycle, or FIRE!!! Actually, you are excited by everything around you, and must share it with the world! You posess the amazing ability to love unconditionally, and to make friends everywhere you go. I hope you never lose that. You are quirky, and unique in the best ways... don't every change, my son.

Madison, my little girl, my princess. You're my beautiful little pixie, with an endless energy that never ceases to amaze me. Your life is one big play... songs, stories, dancing, and acting fill your days. You are already showing a natural talent in dance and gymnastics, and I promise to do my best to encourage you, and let you follow every dream your beautiful mind can think up. Never sell yourself short, my daughter... you have the world in front of you, make the most of it.

I love you both, no matter how crazy our days get. I will always do my best for you, and I will always be here for you. Happy birthday, my babies...