Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!!

I hope y'all had a wonderful, and safe holiday weekend!! Ours has been fairly uneventful, we took the kids to the zoo on Sunday, and we had a great time even though it was hotter than hell. Actually, most of the weekend was spent inside, because of the heat. I did attend a BBQ, out by the lake. When I arrived, most of the people there had been drinking for hours, and the host was beyond drunk. They guys started lighting off fireworks (with a tiki torch no less), and throwing them into the circle of chairs the rest of us were sitting in. Kids across the street were shooting roman candles at each other, and here we've got a bunch of grown men setting a WONDERFUL example by trying to kill themselves and their friends. Here's my advice... keg + fireworks + a tiki torch = disaster. Do not try this at home, folks!! Apparently, after I left, the guy who hosted it ended up burning his hand with the fireworks fiasco. Poor N got stuck with CQ duty today, a 24 hour shift. I'm sure it'll be an interesting one, since any trouble that occurs with the unit has to be called into CQ. So, I hope you have enjoyed your Independance Day, and the hangover gods are merciful to you tomorrow!