Friday, July 14, 2006

IotW nominees

I've gotten 3 nominees for Idiot of the Week this week, so I thought I'd offer it up for a vote.

First up, woman calls 911 to get "cutie pie" cop to come back to her house. She was arrested for misuse of the emergency call system. Ok, lady... if you are THAT hard up for a date, why not GO DOWN TO THE STATION? Jeez, call the non-emergency line, walk in, whatever... don't call 911! (Thanks to my MIL for the link!)

Second, we have the 14 year old drunk driver. He was apparently the more sober driver between him and his father, so his father let him drive. He totalled the 2001 Mustang on the way home. Now, there are so many things wrong here. The father let the 14 year old drink, then he let him drive, and I don't know how tall this kid is, but I've driven my friend's Mustang (sober of course), and I have trouble seeing over the dash. At what point it seemed like a good idea to hand over the keys to a sports car to your drunk 14 year old, I don't know. I'd love to hear the thinking behind that one!! (Hat tip to Jay on this one)

Finally, we have the LAPD cop who was shot by his 3 year old son. He left his loaded service revolver in the backseat of his vehicle, the toddler got ahold of it, and shot him, accidentally of course. The child was not in a safety seat at the time of the incident. So many things wrong with this picture as well... (Again, thanks to my MIL for the link!)

Let the voting begin... My personal vote goes to the guy who let his drunk 14 year old drive.