Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thanks anyway

I don't know if it was the Darwin fish on the back of my van, or the fact that I have piercings in my face, or just her gut, but this lady circled around me a bit while I was sitting in the van at the commissary, gathering up stuff to do my grocery shopping. I kind of noticed her looking at me, and once I made eye contact she walked over, so I rolled down my window. She handed me one of those religious pamphlets, and said "This is for you." I thanked her, rolled my window back up, and continued what I was doing. The pamphlet ended up in the trash on the way in, and I saw her as I was getting peanut butter. I find it incredibly irritating when people push their religion on others, especially complete strangers. Anyone else get irritated by this? The worst part is the woman looked scared of me, like she might catch my "ungodliness" or something. Ugh!