Saturday, July 29, 2006

A vet??

A conversation between two of my friends last night. (They're roommates)

M: Remind me to call Yvette tonight.

B:Uh, ok.

B thinking: This is so going in the file of strange things M says. Why does she want to call a vet? We don't have any pets. And I don't know what ailment she's afflicted with, but I would think a human doctor would be a much better choice.

So, later in the evening, on the way out, B realizes she wasn't talking about a veterinarian, but one of her co-workers. You could almost see the lightbulb go on over his head, it was priceless. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in the backseat, and the first thing that comes to mind is "I'm so blogging this!"
Granted, the story is much better told in person, and even better if you know B, but the retelling to friends had me laughing most of the night.