Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Healthy eating

On the urging of a good friend, who was concerned because my body wasn't healing from cuts, among other things, I've promised to improve my eating habits. Ok, I admittedly don't have great eating habits, and they could definitely use a revamp. This weekend that was down the drain, because I ended up so sick from the pain meds I was lucky to keep anything down. Since I'm feeling better, I decided to work on keeping my promise. What's your typical diet like? I can't imagine cramming all of the recommended servings in every day, that seems like an awful lot of food, and I don't want to pack on a bunch of weight. I know I *should* eat what I prepare for the kids, but that's damn near impossible. I don't know the first thing about eating healthy, and I certainly don't drink enough water (although I've been working on that.) Being an incredibly picky eater doesn't help, although I love fruits and veggies, and those are the things I lack most in my diet, go figure. So, any suggestions??