Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Book reviews

I've been tearing through novels like crazy lately, and finished another one last night. The last two I read were Jonathan Kellerman novels, Rage, and A Cold Heart. Rage had a disappointing ending, in my opinion, but A Cold Heart was great. The only thing I dislike about Kellerman's "Alex Deleware" series is it is very similar to James Patterson's "Alex Cross" series, and even more like Stuart Woods' "Stone Barrington" series. I think Patterson and Woods do a better job on bringing the characters and the stories together, but Kellerman's are decent reads. I've read at least 5 of Woods' novels since November, and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Oh, and Cross, by James Patterson is excellent! I'm probably a bit biased there, since I've been waiting for years to find out who killed Maria Cross, but I was pleased with the way the story wrapped up. It did have a feel of finality to it, like this may be the end of the "Alex Cross" novels, but only time will tell. I've exhausted a decent amount of B's library, but have already warned him that I'm adopting his books while he's in Iraq. The great part about having similar tastes is we can just trade off when we finish a book, so whenever he's away for a period of time I can just snag a few from his bookcase, and get lost in the books. So, read any good books lately? Got any recommendations?