Sunday, February 11, 2007

This post is brought to you by the letter "K"...

K is for "kidneys". Mine are infected. Let's talk about how much fun THAT is. I'd been having back pain for about a week, but assumed it was just a pinched nerve or something. I never put 2 and 2 together that it got worse when I drank alcohol Thursday night, because that night I couldn't sleep, and chalked it up to stress over my friends' deployment. So, I went out last night, had a couple drinks, let a friend of mine sleep on my couch, and went to bed. I woke up in so much pain I couldn't breathe, ended up calling Tassi into my room to help me, and having to call 911. Luckily, the kids were at the sitters, because I ended up being taken to the ER, having all kinds of tests run, getting morphine, and zonking out. They were going to admit me, then decided to treat me outpatient, as long as I can keep my fever and pain under control. Not sure how well that's going to work, because I have a fever and pain again tonight. This bites.