Friday, October 29, 2004

the neverending day....

Well, N and I were fighting for the past 2 days, though that is thankfully at a lull. To make my day even more interesting, (because at 22, I apparently NEED grey hair!!!) I find out late in the day my Ex is NOT coming to pick up the kids for visitation. Normally, no big deal, and not entirely unexpected, however there is a party tomorrow night for N's company, and I've REALLY been looking forward to it. (Ok, maybe I've been looking forward to the open bar, it still counts!!) So now I need to find a last minute sitter. Thank God for my best friend, she stepped up without hesitation, but it's the principle!!! However, "X" is not picking them up because he has extra duty. For you non-military folks it's like detention for bad soldiers. Hee Hee... I do take such pleasure in knowing he's gotten himself in more trouble... I'm evil! Now for a rant...

Why is it people seem surprised when they find out you have had a bad divorce. I mean really, if we could fight nice we wouldn't have split up would we?? I mean I know I had $10,000 laying around and I woke up one morning and said "Hey honey, I've got a great idea!!! Let's go to court, humiliate each other, fight over EVERYTHING we have, and go bankrupt in the process... just for the hell of it!!!" Come on people... there is a reason we aren't married anymore!!! And the most retarding thing of the whole divorce process is the final hearing. The lawyers actually ask you under oath if there is any reasonable means of reconciliation. Hello? Are you new here? We're broke from paying you for over a year to fight out every wrongdoing imaginable in our marriage, we hate each other's guts, and would probably start a fistfight if the Deputy wasn't standing there! Do you think we are going to walk out of here holding hands?!?!?! Ugh....

See... I promised you drama when i started my blog, and drama I shall deliver. Don't you feel better about your problems already??