Thursday, November 04, 2004

And it's all over now

Well folks, it's over. Bush has won, and though I think "bought and bullied" is a more accurate term, there isn't a damn thing any of us can do about it. What do I think?? Well, Kerry gave up a little too easy in my opinion. I can't fault him for that too, much, but I am disappointed that Al Gore (who is not one of my favorite candidates) put up more of a fight than the man who was said "Help is on the way!" Now on to a few predictions about the next 4 years. Dubya is going to have the opportunity to appoint at least one, probably 2 jusges to the Supreme Court. (That's a fact, not an opinion) This will mean we will say goodbye to women's rights, separation of church and state, and many other "rights" we take for granted today. They will stop gay Americans from being treated as any other American is, by not allowing them the benefits a committed couple deserves. More of our friends and family will die in Iraq, and since I live by the largest armored base in the US, I've been witness to this since the start of the war. We will probably start a draft in the near future, because even with the stoploss our men and women in the service are not re-enlisting, and who could blame them? No one else wants to sign up either, so we are at a GRAVE shortage of soldiers. Oil prices are going to continue to skyrocket, as well as milk prices, food prices, and everything else in the market. You know what won't change? Wages. But what does Dubya care?? He's rich!!! The rest of us can't even afford to go to work, because we lose money when you figure in gas, and childcare. Oh, and do you Bush supporters REALLY think Osama is done with us? Well, prepare yourselves, because the 9/11 deaths will not be the last he inflicts on innocent Americans. Oh, had you forgotten is was Bin Laden responsible for those, and not Sadam?! Guess the amdinistration's plan worked then, because they didn't want you to remember their friends the Bin Ladens were the enemy!! So in four years, if I'm not in jail because of the Patriot Act (After all, this "freedom of speech" I'm taking advantage of can now make me "An enemy of America") I want to take a poll to see how happy our citizens are with "their" choice. In the meantime, I don't have to like Bush to love my country, and I'm going to continue to work hard to give my kids something better here! I suggest everyone who hasn't already go out and rent Michael Moore's Fahernheit 9/11... what do you have to lose??