Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Been slacking off lately

I've been lazy. I warned you in my profile this happens from time to time. I don't mean to slack off, but I often get distracted by something else, and it takes me a while to re-focus. Anyway, it has been an eventful week. N has moved to a different station, different partner, much better all around. He's running 911 calls now, instead of transfers and long-distance runs. The reason for the move was discord between him and his partner. Take a walk with me into a shift with her. 24 hours... once every three days. That's what they work. They have a station with beds, bathrooms, a kitchen, Dish Network, pretty much a home away from home. She spends as much of those 24 hours as possible sleeping, and the rest of them whining. N drives whenever he is not with a patient, because she's "tired" and needs to nap in the truck. And then occasionally a call comes in.... and she sighs. Not like a "Damn, I have to get off my fat ass and move" sigh, more of a tornado warning type sigh, because she cannot believe they are asking her to actually WORK once in a while. She was whining a lot, and N was hating to go to work. Long story short, N moves to another station, a much better assignment, with a medic who knows his job. We're happy, the boss is happy, and I feel sorry for the poor sap who is stationed on N's old shift!!

In other news, the potty training is going much better lately. My son loves to use the potty. My daughter understands the need, but is not as crazy about it. It's the little things in life, folks... I wish I could get as excited about peeing as A does!

Have you seen "Supersize Me"? This is a must-see for Americans. You'll never want McDonald's again. I just finished watching it, and wow!! Don't watch it while eating, especially fast food!!

Oh, and if the cat didn't HATE us before, she does now. The new kittin brought a upper resp. infection with her, and passed it on to the older cat. Both are sick, and both have their claws, which means N and I are missing chunks of skin from administering medications. Sounds like fun, huh?? Now do you see why I haven't been posting as often? Ok, no more excuses... I'll post again tomorrow...