Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The homestretch!!!

I am about 45 minutes away from the 72 hour mark... 3 days without a cigarette. Most people who have quit say that is the mark to hit, the point where success is easier. It's been rough. REALLY rough. However, now that I've gotten this far, I don't EVER want to go through it again, so I'll probably never smoke another cigarette. Another great thing about this experience is I haven't gained weight while quitting so far. I've actually lost a few pounds, but I'm sure I'll make up for it tomorrow. I have noticed that I have been chatty and I've ranted on random topics. For example, I belong to a MSN group of local moms. We do a Hot Seat Momma, where someone is in the "hot seat" for 2 weeks, and the other moms ask questions to get to know her better. I am the Hot Seat Momma, and someone asked me about having twins, and if it runs in my family. I went on a tirade about things people say to mothers of multiples. I actually feel the need to apologize, because thinking about it I probably made them feel dumb, but it was not my intent. Without nicotine to calm me, and keep my hands busy, I've gone off the deep end ranting! I'm glad my close friends know and love me, because otherwise I would have alienated them all this week!!