Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Stupid people should avoid my path right now

I realized last night I'd forgotten to tell you about the low point in my smoking cessation battle. I freaked out on a lady at the bank. That's right, folks, some poor bank teller fell victiim to my cranky attitude. We pull up to our bank, and I send a check I'd like to cash, and an ID with my social on it. I never cash checks, but I figure this will be enough since I am an account holder there. After a bit of a wait, the teller says to N "Sir, is C in the car?" N says that I am, and she asks "Does C have an account here?" Another affirmation, so she then asks for my account number. This is where I lose control. I'm already agitated, and now I've got to dig through my purse for my account number, and the lady doesn't seem to understand she can EASILY pull this up using my ID information, and while I'm searching she asks again if I have an account here. "YES!!!! I DO have an account here!!! I REALLY do! That's why I'm here to CASH A CHECK!!!!" I'm totally screaming at this poor woman, who has just really pissed me off now. I wonder if I should go apologize for this.... or just go to a different branch from now on. On a side note, this bank is great, but they frequently ask dumb questions they should know. Like when we deposit N's paycheck... without fail they ask him who he is and if he is on the account. "Nope! Just wanted to give this nice lady all my money." Of course he's on it!! To quote Bill Engvall... "Here's your sign!!!"