Thursday, January 27, 2005

Just Random

I'm going to post a few of the more random things that have happened this week.

  • N got a message on his cell phone from someone we have not spoken to in a year (and never planned on speaking to again), saying she thought it was my number (she knew better) and that a guy we worked with over a year ago comitted suicide. I haven't been able to verify that yet, but she says it happened 12 Dec, but she decided to call me (N really) this week. Weird, especially since I wasn't close to the guy, though I liked him, and it's sad news.
  • Our landlord had cut down a bunch of trees to clear the property, and had made a MASSIVE (like way too big to be reasonable) pile. We were expected to burn the pile, but couldn't because of rains and it being green wood. When we attempted to burn it we would usually only get a small portion to burn, and it was getting to be a hassle. Finally we got about 75% of it to burn a few nights ago, and I have to admit I had WAY too much fun for physical labor, not to mention playing with fire. Who knew burning stuff could be so fun??
  • My insomnia is still kicking my ass. As in I didn't get to sleep until after 6 am this morning, because N made the mistake of waking my up a few hours earlier, and I couldn't get back to sleep. He let me sleep in all morning, probably because I threatened to rip off a certain body part and shove it up his nose for waking me. I'm mean when I'm tired... like grizzly bear mean! Thank God N loves me, who else would put up with that?
  • Mads is sick, the cold passed from N to me, and now her. Luckily it passes quickly, but she is just inconsolable and exhausted today. Poor thing, nothing sucks worse than seeing your baby sick.
  • Mads also snuck into my purse today, and ate 4 pieces of mint flavored gum. She's already a little anal retentive, so this should be interesting.
Well, that about sums up my random week thus far... I hope you have been having a more entertaining time!