Thursday, January 20, 2005

Oh no!! Mommy!

That's what I've been hearing for 2 days now. Why? My Directv system is having issues. Now, I've been a DTV customer for a few years, and generally love them, but for 2 days my system has been locking up, shutting down, and restarting. When this happens during Dora or Backyardigans, it is a major catastrophe. The frightening part is right before it shuts off, it sounds like it is posessed by Satan. Um, since when is Dora a child of Satan? Not good! Anyway, the kids say "Oh NO!!" and proceed to tell me repeatedly that there is a technical problem. The bright spot? (I'm good at silver linings) When the guide is reinstalling there are little yellow bars that tick across. The kids are trying to count them. "1, 2, 3, 8, 11... yea!!!" So we've been practicing our counting, since those pesky numbers between 3 and 8 get them every time! I know what you are thinking, "Why don't you call and get it fixed?" I did, and after 20 minutes on hold, the tech tells me to reset (which I've already done), and then transfers me. 15 more minutes on hold, they guy in tech support says "Well, I suggest you wait another day or so, and if it doesn't fix itself it'll have to be replaced." Ya think?! So, after the second day, we tried to use our other reciever that is currently sitting in a closet (took me 48 hours to think of that!!), but that access card isn't programed, and they are tied to the reciever serial numbers, so they cannot be switched. Will someone please call customer care for me, and have them switch the cards? I cannot bear being on hold that long again. **sigh**