Friday, January 14, 2005

Where are my glasses??

You know how when you were a kid, you always thought mom had eyes in the back of her head? Like when you were sneaking a cookie before dinner, and she catches you without even turning around? Well, today in the car, I figured out why our children think that. They were sitting in their car seats, playing with toy cars, making the wheels spin. Madison says "Mommy... look!" and I hear the tires spinning on the little race car. I said (without turning around) "Good job, baby!!", which made Shane want a little praise too. "Mom! Mom! Look!" "Very good, Boo Boo!" (yes... I call him Boo Boo, so what?!) again not moving my head. I figure a few more years of that, and they will be convinced I see all. Really, I just hear all, but the effect will be the same, they will be frightened to sneak around me, thinking I'll catch them with my other eyes. What? What do you mean it won't work?! They'll figure out how to be sneakier?? Balderdash! Didn't anyone tell you? I'm Mommy, dammit!