Friday, February 25, 2005

Furious

Something was charged to my credit card in error, and I called to have it refunded. I did my part, and expected the company to actually refund the money to my card as they promised. I got my bill in and low and behold it was not refunded. So, I replied to the email they sent me to confirm the refund, adn asked WTF was the problem. (I was nicer than that, have some faith in me people!) The lady responded back with (paraphrased) "We did an internal investigation and pulled up the timeline of events. **insert list of events ending in cust refunded $56.90 on 2/10/2005** (this part is verbatim) Due to a glitch in the payment processing system, we cannot refund the money directly back to your card, you need to call your credit card company to get your money back." WTF?? I've worked for my credit card company, I know there is no reason I should have to involve them at this point. I email back asking where the money was refunded to if not my card, since in the list of events it OBVIOUSLY says refunded. She tells me it was not, in fact, refunded, I need to request a chargebacl through my CC company. Now I'm boiling mad, I've already told her I will contact the BBB if this is not handled immediately, since I incurred charges from them charging my card by mistake, and this was just unacceptable that they would not put the money back as promised. The customer service rep's emails were poorly written, with horrible punctuation (this coming from someone who is not the best writer to begin with) and this is probably the shittiest business practice ever. So, tomorrow I will call my CC company, and file a report with the BBB. What a wonderful hassle for a mistake that was not even my fault. Shitheads!