Monday, February 21, 2005

The latest from Miss Obnoxious

Miss O lives in CA, has one child, and doesn't want to work outside of the home. She's actually been talking about selling Avon or something, just to make some money to buy another vehicle. She is constantly telling us what new expensive thing she has bought, or how her hubby is working extra jobs besides the military.These are 2 recent (untouched by me) threads she started.

"He had a meeting today with the boss of his home exteriors job this morning because he's bascially sick of how unorganized they are. From everything including payroll, phone etiquette, basic respect, and everything in between, that company is lacking. So today he went in and gave them an ultimatum and they were being wishy-washy with that so he said it's yes or no...Still no answer so he quit. Simple as that. Only the funny part is that he walked next door to the vanishing screens company that just bought the building next door, said that he wanted a job doing outside sales and was hired on the spot. He has to train for the next few days but the pay is pretty much the same which is great. It just cracks me up how easily he can get a job while other people I/we know have been searching for a while. But I guess that's the perk of loving sales... there's always a demand for salesmen!"

"DH and I went to look today and get price quotes so we know how much to save and what we need to do to get the monthly payments we want. I love the Tahoe, love the look. But the bad thing I saw today was that the third row had literally no feet room. It didn't drop down like regular feet room does. I think the floor started like 6 inches below the seat. I think I've read that car seats aren't a great idea for 3rd row seating (I wouldn't prefer that anyway) so what good does a #rd row seat do if there's no feet room? So the Suburban has the feet row I like, and need for the 3rd row. But it feels too long for me. If I could have an SUV between the length of the Tahoe and the Suburban i'd have the perfect vehicle. But I don't want to feel like I'm driving a bus. I like Chevy so I want to stick with them. They have great resale value if I ever need to resale it later in life and DH and I will get the 3k GM loyalty rebate since we already own a Chevy. So, once again for those who have experience or know of someone with experience of either of these vehicles, let me know what you think. Gas prices are not an issue as I already know i'll be paying a pretty penny for that but everything else is what i'm oncerned about."

Now there are people on this board who are struggling pretty bad, job loss, downsizing, illnesses, whatever you can imagine, and I thought it was tacky of her to rub it everyone's face that her husband just waltzed from one company to another. Whatever, we already knew she was a tacky bitch. Then, the whole SUV thing came up because they have 3 cars already, and one baby, but are trying for another. She wanted to buy a big SUV when they get pregnant again. She's been trying since July, and is whining about it. There are moms miscarrying, moms on Clomid and doing IVF, and she's all "Oh my GOD! I'm not pregnant after 6 months of trying!! It only took 2 weeks last time!! WAHHHHHH!" Um, can we all say insensitive? So next was the Kirby incident, how she was going to write it off, but she has this wonderful expensive vacuum, isn't it great? Now back to the SUV, and how she NEEDS a third row, but it doesn't matter if it's a gas guzzler, even if she lives in California. Because ultimately, having a 3rd row SUV is a dire need!! She's WAY too cool for a minivan, and she needs all that leg room for her imaginary friends to sit in the back!! Look, I'm all for people spending their money however they want. You want to drive a Hummer? Whatever! I just cannot fathom having so little class that you need to flaunt it in a community of women you don't really know, where many members struggling in this economy. The pregnancy thing? If she gets pregnant that's wonderful, one more spoiled child for the USA. The rest of us used tact and gentleness while other moms were having trouble conceiving, or were losing pregnancies. She is just a crude, insecure person, one I'd avoid like the plague if I could, but I value the other members I've come to know in my 2+ years on this board. Don't you wish some people could be banned from the internet?