Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Like, Gag me with a spoon!

I'm totally not into Valentine's Day. I just don't think it's worth the hassle. I don't like it with a boyfriend, I don't like it with a husband, I would not like it here or there, I would not like it anywhere! (Yeah, yeah I read too much of the good Dr.) I just think it's a waste of time and money. You want romantic? Take me to dinner on a night when the restaurant doesn't hike up the prices. Buy me flowers when they aren't at a 200% markup. Tell me you love me everyday, not just because it says 14 Feb on the calendar. (I should point out that I'm very lucky to be married to a man who does all those things, but I'm trying to make a point here!) Don't get me wrong, I'm all for romance and sweetness, but not by some Hallmark© holiday rules. Honestly? I dread the idea of choosing a gift for the Hubs, because everything seems either too girly, not personal enough, cheesy, or just plain too expensive. I don't want over-priced flowers or chocolates, and I don't want to give him over-priced flowers or chocolates. What kind of flowers do you buy a man anyway? And if you ask a man what he thinks a good V Day gift is, 99 times out of 100 he'll say "Sex". Yeah, yeah... I get it... all guys want sex, but feeling obligated because you bought flowers is so UNsexy. "Oooh baby, I'm so glad you can read a calendar. Here's your reward." Anyway, call me cynical, but I HATE this holiday. Too bad the Hubs is a diehard romantic, so we'll celebrate anyway. Anyone have a good gift suggestion? I haven't got a clue what to get him.

**editor's note: N, I know you read this blog... please don't be offended for my lack of enthusiasm by V Day. It's not you... I just suck majorly at this stuff! You should know that by now.