Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Not what Victoria had in mind

My underwire broke (a $40 bra and the underwire breaks? WTF is that?) so I took my bra off, and laid it on the couch. We go through bathtime, and the kids come into the living room to get dressed. I walk in to see Mads wearing my bra, looking like something out of "Honey, I shrunk the kids" after a fall in the laundry basket. I really couldn't help but laugh, and actually thought of grabbing the camera, but is that really one for the scrapbook? She takes it off, and I go into the battle of combing her hair, and getting her into pajamas. While I was distracted, Shane grabbed the undergarment, slung one strap over his head, creating an interesting bib. He then tried to swing it around his neck, and when that didn't really go according to plan, he had some fun pulling it like a bungee necklace. Should I have been disturbed or laughing at this point? This is a kid who helps me sort laundry with color commentary. "Shane's pants, Madison's pants, Daddy's pants, and (grabbing my tinest pair of undies) MOMMY'S PANTS!" Um, thanks son, give mommy her underwear and go play. No, don't put all of our underwear on your head and run around. Where did you learn that? N!!! Come look at your boy, where did he get THAT idea? That's it, Mommy is going to start folding laundry alone. (All part of their master plan) Is this life with boys? I grew up in a female household, things like putting underwear on your head didn't happen. God help me, I need some Valium.