Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I said so!

Madison's new thing is "I said so!". Apparently, we have given that answer one too many times, because she is picking up on it. Tonight, as I tucked them into bed, though that was nearly 2 hours ago and they are still up, she kept saying "Mommy wait!" Why Mads? "Just wait! Because I said so!" But Mads, it's bed time, we have to go night night now. "No Mommy! It's not nap time! No night night! *insert toddler speak that I didn't understand here*" Yes baby, it is night night time, see? The sun is not out, we need to go to sleep so we can have fun tomorrow. Do you want to go to the park with mommy and daddy tomorrow? (from both kids) "NO!" Ok, well we have to go to bed. "No Mommy! it's not nap time I said so!" Ok, I give up, night sweetie! Give Mommy a kiss? "No! (I start to walk away) MOMMY!! (in that exasperated tone usually reserved for the teen years) Kiss!"
I think she won that round, though I'm not really sure. Either way, I can see the little mommy in her, and something tells me her brother is going to get bossed around frequently.