Monday, March 14, 2005

Randomness at it's best

First of all, why, oh why, can I not get my blogroll to load?! I'd say it loads correctly 4 times out of 10, and that's on a good day. I will be doing my rounds tonight, if only I get the stupid list to populate! Ok, next topic... how to get hung up on. Call my house and ask for my ex-husband by first name. When I tell you that he is my ex, and I have no idea why he would give out my number as a contact number, quickly ask if we were together when he bought something he didn't pay for. When I let you know it is nearly 8pm, and I am not appreciating this call, rudely let me know that you are allowed to call until 9. Um, I don't care what the state or federal laws are, you are not allowed to call this house after business hours for a business matter. Also, when I let you know you need to take said collection up with X and please stop calling me you know you are about to get hung up on. Fair warning. The last thing I heard was "We will continue to call..." CLICK. No, I'm pretty sure you won't, I'll be happy to send a cease and desist, because X doesn't live here and is not my problem anymore. I mean, just in case you were wondering, that's the quickest way to get hung up on. :D Anywho... on to bigger and better things. Things have been more than hectic with N's Army (re) enlistment. Prior service enlistments are usually a bitch anyway, but this one has been particularly trying. We had to open a congressional inquiry, which still didn't clear up our problem. (I'm not surprised, our congressman is a Republican't) FINALLY, after rattling quite a few cages in the high tiers of the local command, (as in a Colonel, a couple Generals, the people who would rather eat rocks than talk to lowly former Sergeants) shit rolled downhill as N predicted, and the recruiters started being pleasantly cooperative. As in the guy who had previously blown us off, hadn't lifted a finger to get this processed, and had been as rude and unprofessional as possible is now jumping through hoops for us.) The error the Department of the Army had made was a serious one, one we could have sued for had it come to that, when all we wanted was N to be enlisted as he deserved to be. Hopefully, our battle is coming to an end, and it looks good for us. We are supposed to find out something "concrete" tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for us?
The kids are blossoming in language and skills, it's funny how we thought they might never catch up to other kids their age, and all of a sudden you BAM! Were they holding out on me or something? Shane knows his colors well, and they are working on counting. (I think Mads is just playing dumb about the colors, she used to have them down pat but now everything is "green") Mads loves to sing her ABCs, and she is getting closer to the right order everyday. That girl is going to be a star, she LOVES to entertain and sing and dance. Is it wrong that we encourage her to "shake her butt"? It all started with the "We did it!" song from Dora... they do a little butt shake there. Either way, their intelligence sometimes surprises me, not because I didn't think they had it in them, but because they seem to pick up stuff out of the blue. The bad thing is they sometimes pick up stuff they shouldn't. I'm in trouble, I need to start changing my habits!