Saturday, March 05, 2005

Tish uncovers the truth... film at 11!

Tish is enjoying her childless break, as the kids are with Grandma, and she even got some alone time since the Hubs went golfing. During this break, she managed to put together an in depth look into the lives of 5 bloggers. I'm one of them, so here's where I bore you with the details. Actually, it shouldn't be too boring since Tish came up with the questions, so stay tuned!

1. What started you in blogging? Well, Cori and I belong to a message board for parents, and the topic of blogging came up. We read a couple of the blogs, and in order to comment you needed a blogger account. So we both signed up, and decided it would be fun to give it a shot. Now, the fun has spun out of control, and I'm in need of a 12 step program, but I'm loving every minute!

2. How did you meet your husband? I had started working in car sales shortly after deciding to divorce. Nate started at the dealership a week after me, newly split with his wife as well, and needing steady income while getting his EMT certifications completed. After about a week of meetings, I came in one morning to find him sitting at my desk. He told me "I'm moving in" (there were not enough desks on the showroom floor) And we spent 12 hours a day sitting across from each other, with a few pesky customers interrupting. After a couple weeks we started seeing each other, got the rumor mills flying, and I moved to the pre-owned side so business and pleasure wouldn't mix. 4 months later we moved in together, and we married 16 Dec 2004.

3. Tell us three stupid things people say to mothers of twins, and your retorts. Somewhere in my early archives, there is a post about this very topic. Hmmm, my favorite three?
"Are they both yours?" (yes) "Well how many months apart are they?" (2 minutes) "Oh! They're TWINS?" (Here's your sign) No real retort here, because really, what can you say?
"Are they identical?" Um, no... only one of them has a penis, that pretty much rules out being identical. (This inevitably leads to "I thought all twins HAD to be identical." Oh, yes, you're right, one of them isn't actually mine, I just like to pretend I have twins. You caught me!) You'd be surprised how many people obviously failed Biology 101.
"Oh, two boys?!" Yeah, we just pierced that one's ears, and dressed him in ALL PINK because we REALLY wanted a girl.
Granted, that last one is specific to me, not all MoMs, but all three of these have actually happened. More than once. They happen less now that the kids are older, but as infants it was a "Here's Your Sign" marathon.

4. If you had one day to replay, what would it be and why? I wouldn't replay any bad days, even if I could change them, because those experiences made me who I am today. I'd replay the day the kids were born, only if I could take Nate with me. It breaks my heart that I can't share that with him, because he loves them more than I could ever imagine. I'd want him to witness it, and get it on tape. (Before you go "EWWWWW!" I delivered by C-section, Shane was breech. I didn't have a video camera then, and my dimwitted Ex bought an outdoor disposable camera, so there are no good hospital photos.)

5. What is your advice to women going through a difficult time with an ex? WRITE IT DOWN! All of it, dates, times, phone calls, missed visits. If your state will allow it, record all phone convos. Trust me, this will pass, honesty will prevail, but you can speed up Lady Justice's hand if you are armed with the right information. If you aren't divorcing, just broke up with your boyf or whatever, keep your chin up, get dolled up, and go out. Believe me, there are BETTER fish in the sea. Have fun!

Well Tish, thank you for having me on your show, it's always a pleasure to sit down with you. Remember folks, have your cats spayed, or you'll end up like the CCL!. Good night!